Where to Play Poker Online
Whether you're a 5 card stud veteran or a Hold 'Em amateur, there is a place for all UK players in the world of online poker. Some sites specialise in one type of poker and then there are top sites like 888 Poker that offer diverse range of options people that want to play poker. The vast options afforded to you by the online poker world ensures that there is a table that is perfect for you, no matter what youyour preference. Before you get started in this endeavor, there are several pointers that everyone should be aware of, including:
- What you should look for in an online poker site.
- Obtaining the software and establishing an account.
- Weighing your many real money banking options.
- How to successfully leverage bonuses.
Before you begin searching for your casino, take a moment to be sure you're ready to start. Some common considerations include:
- Having a fast and stable Internet connection
- Meeting Minimal System Requirements (Individual to casino)
- Being of legal gambling age, which is 18
Where to Play Poker Online
There are many websites available in the UK for online players of Omaha, Texas Hold'em and other great card games. Everyone of those has an incentive to call itself the best, so how can you tell the flushes from the bluffs? There are a number of things you should look for, including:
- A large number of players at a variety of different skill levels
- A large number of tables that are open all day, every day.
- Tables with largely varying buy-ins that accommodate as many players as possible.
- Tournament opportunities for world famous big money tournaments like The Poker Million.
- Big Tournament Prizes of ten's of thousands of pounds.
- Big sign-up bonuses that match or exceed the player's first deposit
- Reliable and secure gaming software
While there are many reputable online poker rooms for UK players, two of the very best are Titan Poker and Sky Poker.
Downloading the Poker Software
Downloading software on your computer can seem difficult, but many of the top casino sites help make it simple. To download the casino software, follow these directions: Look for a large “Download” button or link on the site's front Page.
- Left click on the “Download” button or link to initiate the download.
- Left click on the save button in the dialog window that will pop up.
- Wait for the download to finish, which may take up to several minutes.
- Locate the downloaded file and left click on it twice rapidly to open the file.
- Follow the instructions in the dialogue box that opens
Registering a Player's Account
To track your playing and handle payouts and deposits appropriately, you will need to register a player account. At the poker sites registration page, you will be need to fill in some assorted biographical data, including
- Your Name
- Your Birth date
- Your Address
- Your Email Address
The poker site will likely offer a security and privacy statement assuring you that you information will be safe with them.
To ensure hat depositing money is as simple as possible, there are an abundance of payment options.
Some of the most common deposit methods are below, for a full guide to depositing at online gaming sites see our Poker Site Deposit Methods section
By using these e-wallets and money transfer services, UK players can avoid some of restrictions and deposit limits on credit and debit cards to online casinos.
Taking Advantage of Sign-Up Bonuses
Many online casinos offer generous sign-up bonuses for new players. The important thing to remember is that every bonus comes with a set of terms and conditions. To qualify for a given bonus, you must meet those terms and conditions, otherwise you will not get the full, or indeed any, bonus. Always inspect the specific details of the bonus before attempting to cash in on it.
- Some common qualifying stipulations include:
- Depositing above a specific amount
- Playing a number of games with your own money first
- Earning enough points through a points per play system
Though these restrictions might seem excessive, remember that by doing it right, you are maximizing your bonus. Do your homework and don't let a few qualifiers get between you and free money.
By remembering the right things to look for, you won't be caught off guard, and thus, caught off your game. Above all else however, remember that the casino you use should meet your needs. Many internet poker rooms offer free play options so you can give their site a spin without having to bet real money. Take your time and experiment until you find the right poker site for you.